Re: Schema noise.

On Tue, Dec 07 2010 08:20:25 +0000, dave.pawson@gmail.com wrote:
> On 6 December 2010 17:56, Tony Graham
> <Tony.Graham@menteithconsulting.com> wrote:
> My original request was for the WG to add an XML definition
> of those entities, simply to enable easier working with the XML?
> That's the only part (that I've found so far) that stops automated
> processing of the XML version of the rec.
> That issue is separate from my comments about inheritance.
>
>> You use property inheritance but you don't like it because of what it
>> does to the editing experience?  Isn't that then a marketing opportunity
>> for a better XSL FO editor rather than a fault with the spec?
>
> I'm not complaining about the spec Tony.

Complaining about the spec is okay, too, but it's good to know where
this concern lies.

> And I'm not looking for a marketing opportunity.

Not you, someone else with an editor project or product who thinks they
have the solution to your problem.

>> I don't know that that level of GUIness is what you'd what to use, but
>> would a better editor ease some of your frustration that every property
>> can be present on every FO element?
>
> That 'frustration' as you call it is the itch I'm trying to scratch.
>
> I'll put in a bugzilla comment about the entities.

That's the right place to put it for it to be acted upon.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2