Re: best way to synchronized marginalia

At 2003-07-31 18:19 +0200, Sebastian Fey wrote:
>Main efford was to reflect synchronized marginalia with HTML+CSS.
>http://mitglied.lycos.de/buergerkonvent/img/fo_req.GIF
>i need to cover marginalia synchronized to:
>
>- para (textblock)
>- table/chapter/section - titles
>- listitems

It is not possible to synchronize marginalia in XSL-FO 1.0.

The effect is sometimes mimicked using the table or list facility "in the
background" as a layout tool.

You don't mention if the admonition images are always on the right of the
page or always on the outside of the page.  If the answer is "outside",
this cannot be done with trick mechanisms.

If the images are always at the end of the line, then you could put *every*
block level construct into a list item, with the construct in the list item
label and the image in the list item body.  Your nested list item would,
then, be a single list item list in the layout list item label.

This is awkward, but all I can think of to recommend until a new version of
XSL-FO is made available (and I'm not a member of the committee so I don't
know the answer to that).

I hope this helps.

................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
North America public:                     XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info