Re: " WARNING: Page subsequences exhausted. Using previous subsequence. "

At 2003-04-17 09:41 +0200, airelavillag@libero.it wrote:
>    Trying to product PDF file, I get this message in the output:
>
>     " WARNING: Page subsequences exhausted. Using previous subsequence. "
>
>    and it dipends on break-after property.

Actually, it depends on the number of pages in your page sequence.

>    It works but how can I resolve this warning?

By giving the processor more than a single page to work with.

>               <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="basicP" >
>            <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
>                 <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="first"
> page-position="first" />
>                    </fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
>               </fo:page-sequence-master>

In the above you have given the processor a page master to use for the
first page of a page sequence, but you haven't given the processor a page
master to use for the other page masters in your page sequence.  This is
why it is complaining about exhausting a subsequence.

If you only have one page geometry, then you don't need
<page-sequence-master> and you can just point your page-sequence to the
<simple-page-master> for all of your pages:

         <fo:page-sequence master-name="first">

But, since you named your simple page master "first", this indicates you
probably want to use something else other than "first" for other pages ...
but you haven't given this information in the instance.

I hope this helps.

......................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses:   Europe (XSLT/XPath):    May  5, 2003
-                            Europe (XSL-FO):        May 16, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO