Re: Fw: fo:inline width

Michael,

You would do better directing this question to the developers of the
rendering engine you are using.  The archive is here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&r=1&w=2#

The following is much closer to a rudimentary table than the example you
provided and renders just fine in FOP:

<fo:table table-layout="fixed">
<fo:table-column column-width="3in"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="3in"/>
<fo:table-body>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Title</fo:block>
<fo:block>test 1</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Category</fo:block>
<fo:block>test 2</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

HTH,

Mike

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, E. Michael Akerman wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to using XSL-FO, and have a basic question.  Below is what I would expect to produce a rudimentary table when included in a well-formed XSL-FO docuement and converted to PDF with Apache Fop 0.20.4.  However, the width's are not being honored.  Any explanation of why this happens?
>
>       <fo:block>
>         <fo:inline width="3in">Title:</fo:inline>
>         <fo:inline width="3in">This is a test.</fo:inline>
>       </fo:block>
>       <fo:block>
>         <fo:inline width="3in">Category:</fo:inline>
>         <fo:inline width="3in">This is a test 2.</fo:inline>
>       </fo:block>
>
> Michael Akerman

Mike Haarman
mhaarma@socsci.umn.edu