RE: block width="2in"

At 17:39 09/07/2002, Arved Sandstrom wrote:

>I just finished implementing the code for 5.3.3 in my and Eric Bischoff's
>xslfoproc formatter
>(http://www.bureau-cornavin.com/opensource/xsl-fo/index.html),

Glad to see a url Arved!
People have been asking.

>In the case of 'block' none of the height/width/*-progression-dimension
>properties apply (Section 6.5.2).

Yep. Noted.

> If they did then we'd see them explicitly
>mentioned, as we do for 'block-container' (Section 6.5.3). If we can't count
>on at least this much in the spec then we may as well all pack up and go
>home.

So the 'applies to all' statement on the property is false?

Some contradiction?

Max? Anyone else from the working group listening?
Arbitration please.

I'm going with 7.14.12 as the contra position.

No statement in the rec gives priority to either the listed
properties for an element or the applicable elements for the
property, hence they have equal standing.

regards DaveP