RE: block width="2in"

I just finished implementing the code for 5.3.3 in my and Eric Bischoff's
xslfoproc formatter
(http://www.bureau-cornavin.com/opensource/xsl-fo/index.html), so this is
fresh in my mind. I tend to treat the CSS "Applies to" field with a grain of
salt; as Ken points out the XSL-specific comments may supersede, and the
final authority as to what is applicable to a given FO is the _FO_
description.

In the case of 'block' none of the height/width/*-progression-dimension
properties apply (Section 6.5.2). If they did then we'd see them explicitly
mentioned, as we do for 'block-container' (Section 6.5.3). If we can't count
on at least this much in the spec then we may as well all pack up and go
home.

I wouldn't consider height & width properties (all 6 of them) as shortcuts;
they are the absolute counterparts to the relative '*-progression-dimension'
properties.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom