RE: PDF bookmarks (was: Re: extensions to FO)

Martin Brown writes:

 > The way I figured it:
 > within fo:root I have a separate tree of cdcs:bookmark elements.   Each contains attributes:
 > o text - the text that appears next to the bookmark
 > o ref-id - the id to link to
 > o open - (yes|no) - whether the bookmark is open when the doc is opened
     ^^^^
thats a useful reminder, I had forgotten about it. otherwise you are
close to what Nikolai proposes?

the implication of the point about bookmarks doing arbitrary things
is that the "link" part of it should NOT be just a ref-id, but an XSL
FO link element, surely? then it can use internal or external
destinations as needed. thus Nikolai's

     <fox:bookmark internal-destination="intro">

should also support "external-destination"

sebastian