Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Inline images to do boxes (tables) with rounded corners?

AndrewWatt2001@aol.com writes:

> Erich.Kilmer@mmt.bellhowell.com writes:
>

> >> Thanks to everyone for all of the help. Sorry to bother again but here
>> goes.
>> Can anyone tell me when inline images will be available?
>> We are trying to build documents that are invoices. Many invoices have
>> boxes
>> (tables) with rounded corners. The only way that I can think of doing
>> boxes
>> with round corners is to lay down an inline image and then putting data
>> inside of the image.
>> Is there another way to do this?
>
> Erich,
>
> If I understand correctly what you want to do an alternate approach would
> be to use SVG images to create the round cornered boxes with either a
> coloured fill or fill of "none" depending on whether or not you wanted a
> visible background to the data. You could then use XSLT to generate SVG
> text too, if you wish. Or use XSL-FO text.
>
> I am using those round cornered SVG boxes (for a slightly different
> purpose) on
> http://www.XMML.com/
>
> If you don't already have an SVG viewer I suggest you download version 3 of
> the Adobe SVG Viewer following the links from
> http://www.adobe.com/svg/
> then you can go to the XMML.com Web site.
>
> If you have the Antenna House XSL Formatter you can see embedded SVG in
> XSL-FO online -  go to
> http://www.xsl-fo.com/default.xml (there is a stylesheet to create XSL-FO)
> and page (at the top of the screen) to page 3 where an SVG image is
> embedded.
>
> Those are the pieces which, when put together, will probably do what you
> need.
>
> Andrew Watt

I have now posted a simple example file at
http://www.xsl-fo.com/Invoice.xml

Note that this will create an XSL-FO file so is viewable by Antenna House XSL
Formatter, not a conventional HTML browser. To view it you must include the
"http://" otherwise Antenna House Formatter looks on the local file system.

Andrew Watt