Re: Harold test suites: 2 issues

Bill Han wrote:

>    In the third paragraph of section 3.3 in XPointer Framework spec., it
> says "... is not understood or fails to ...". No matter you have
> xi:fallback or not, we can explain that test:xpath(somedata) is not
> understood.
>    test:xpath is a valid qname no matter test prefix is declared or not.
> "test:xpath(somedata)element(/1/1)" does follow EBNF syntax defined by
> section 3.1.
>    In my current implementation, I report error too, but I think it
> should return what element(/1/1) should return.

I'd second that. Here is what XPointer Framework spec says:

"If the namespace binding context contains no corresponding prefix, or
if the (namespace name, LocalPart) pair does not correspond to a scheme
name supported by the XPointer processor, the pointer part is skipped."

http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/#scheme

--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.xmllab.net