Re: Harold test suite: insert <![CDATA[...]]>?

Bill Han wrote:
> Hi,
>    For the test case of metafallbacktest2.xml, do you think their output
> is correct output or the attached 2.log is correct? (you could replace
> most '>' with '&gt;' in 2.log), or both?
>    In another words, if parse="text", should we insert <![CDATA[...]]>
> or should we do something like C.3 in the XInclude Spec.?
>    Or, it's b/c of xpointer="element(/1)", we add <![CDATA[...]]> ? If
> so, where I can find the spec.(XML and XInclude/XPointer) ?

XInclude is defined in terms of the infoset. Thus you could use either a
CDATA section or individual character escaping. Neither is required.
Neither is forbidden. When comparing the expected output to the actual
output, it's important that your comparison code ignore insignificant
differences like this. It's also necessary to ignore attribute ordering,
whitespace in tags, and similar things. You probably won't be able to do
a direct byte-per-byte comparison and expect it to match.