Re: DOCTYPEs in result documents

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 05:57:08PM -0400, Elliotte Harold wrote:

> Several of the results for the NIST tests include document type
> declarations of the form:
>
> <!DOCTYPE x>
>
> It's not clear why these are present. I don't think they have any effect
> on the infoset. Since XOM doesn't generate such DOCTYPE declarations by
> default, I had to delete these to make the tests pass.
>
> I noticed this in NIST tests 1, 16, 22, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, and 50.

  Hum, might be libxml2 fault. The XInclude process generate DTD related
informations for the resulting document since the book.xml included has
itself a DTD, it is empty since book doesn't define any entity, and inherit
its name from the root element name for "coherency".
  I don't think there is any normative text about saving back an Infoset to
an XML entity though :-)

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |