RE: Possible "Examples" Error(s)

That line is in the paragraph describing the behavior of resource
errors.  I agree that, taken out of context, it is unclear.  Subject to
WG approval, I will replace it with:

  If the <code>xi:fallback</code> element is missing, a
  <termref def="dt-resource-error">resource error</termref> results
  in a <termref def="dt-error">fatal error</termref>.