Re: extending multiple base Types

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 16:00, Wilson, Timothy wrote:
> Will there ever be a way for a complex type to extend multiple base
> types?

There was some interest in this during the initial
development of XML Schema 1.0, but it was felt to
be too complex a problem.  It seems unlikely that
this will change in the foreseeable future.

On the other hand, if you know how you want
multiple inheritance to work, you can specify types
using multiple inheritance in a syntax of your
choice (you get to / have to invent your own), and
translate either into schema documents (perhaps
using appinfo annotations to give information about
the type hierarchy in the original description of
the types) or directly into components.  I don't
know of anyone who has done this, but I also
don't know of any reason it cannot work.

I hope this helps.

--C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
  World Wide Web Consortium