RE: float and double ordered facet value, error in 2E PER

At 8:52 AM -0700 040503, Ashok Malhotra wrote:
>Dave:
>
>Here's how I see this issue:
>
>- IEEE-754 says NaN is unordered WRT all other numbers including itself.
>
>- XML Schema says NaN = NaN
>
>- F&O says that the result of comparing NaN with any other value is
>'false'. This is an attempt to mimic the IEEE-754 semantic without
>going into partial order.  I recommend Schema do the same.

If comparing NaN with any other value is false, and there are other values,
then the order is necessarily partial (and may be trivial, but is not in
this case).

That's why Schema should make this facet value partial for float and double.
--
Dave Peterson
SGMLWorks!

davep@iit.edu