Re: Posssible erratum relating to Infoset Dependencies

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com writes:

>       Element Information Item
>             [local name], [namespace name], [children], [attributes],
>             [in-scope namespaces] or [namespace attributes]
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              *********************
>       Namespace Information Item
>             [prefix], [namespace name]
>

>       This specification does not require any destructive alterations to
>       the input information set: all the information set contributions
>       specified herein are additive.
>

>       This appendix is intended to satisfy the requirements for Conformance
>       to the [XML-Infoset] specification.
>
> should we not be appealing to [in-scope namespaces] to resolve p, p1, and
> p2?

We should and we do (see 3.2.18 in Datatypes[1]).

> If so, I think we want an erratum to clarify section D.

I don't _think_ so -- we already list [in-scope namespace] and the
Namespace information item in Appendix D (see above) -- am I missing
something?

> Also: I think section D is somewhat ambiguous as to whether it
> applies to instances and/or schema docs.

True -- that could stand to be clarified, I agree.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#QName
                      Half-time member of W3C Team