  QName is ambiguous; aren't datatypes unambiguous? union types total?
  From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
  Date: Fri, Aug 02 2002

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/2002JulSep/0056.html

But the XML Schema spec doesn't give URIs for types
like "integers between 10 and 20", i.e. derived
datatypes.

A precursor to OWL, DAML+OIL, used
	schemadoc#typename
to refer from ontologies to datatypes;
e.g. to constrain the range of a property.
[hmm... where is that documented? I can't
find it.]

But the XML Schema spec doesn't specify that
URIs of that form refer to datatypes, so we don't
think it's best to include that mechanism in
our design at this time.

We understand the XML Schema WG is working on
a design for URIs for user-defined datatypes.
If the design you're working on will be compatible
with the simple schemadoc#typename syntax,
please let us know, and we'll use that.
But we understand it's likely to be different
(because of the difference between schema
documents and schemas, the different kinds
of names in schemas, etc.) so we're leaning
toward postponing (part of) this issue 'till the next
version of OWL.

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.8-Datatypes

The case of URIs for user-defined datatypes is, perhaps,
a specific case of the general issue of URIs for
schema components...

  TAG interested in progress on URIs for schema components (NUNs)
  From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
  Date: Thu, Oct 17 2002

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/2002OctDec/0011.html