Re: PSVI: {document} property

Elena Litani <elitani@ca.ibm.com> writes:

> The definition for {namespace schema information information items} [1]
> includes 3 properties - {schema namespace}, {schema components}, {schema
> documents}. The XML Schema Recommendation specifies that the {schema
> components} property could be empty:
> [[
> The {schema components} property is provided for processors which wish
> to provide a single access point to the components of the schema which
> was used during assessment. Lightweight processors are free to leave it
> empty..
> ]]
>
> On the other hand, the specification seems to require that the
> {documents} property should be exposed by all (including lightweight)
> processors. Since exposing schema documents is as expensive as exposing
> schema components, this requirement seems unreasonable, thus looks as a
> bug in the spec.

Um, have you looked at what the [schema documents] property requires
for its _value_?  It's a list of 'schema document' infoitems, and a
'schema document' in turn has two properties:

  [document location] Either a URI reference, if available, otherwise absent
  [document] A document information item, _if available_ [my italics],
              otherwise absent

So a lightweight processor can tell me where it found documents, but
doesn't have to build and/or expose an infoset for them.  What's
expensive about that?

ht