Re: xsd:all limitations [was: LC-16 ( LC-132 ): Allowarbitrary order with occurrence > 1]

"C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" wrote:

> Since you don't have minimum numbers of occurrences, and don't
> want to constrain the order, is there anything wrong with
>
>   <xsd:element name="channel" content="elementOnly">
>    <xsd:complexType>
>     <xsd:sequence>
>      <xsd:element name="title" type="xsd:string"/>
>      <xsd:element name="link" type="xsd:uriReference"/>
>    .../...
>      <xsd:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>       <xsd:group ref="rss091:inChannel" minOccurs="0"/>
>       <xsd:group ref="dc:dcElements" minOccurs="0"/>
>      </xsd:choice>
>     </xsd:sequence>
>     <xsd:attribute ref="rdf:about"/>
>    </xsd:complexType>
>   </xsd:element>
>
> I.e. a repeating OR group?

As people who are defining the core and including external modules, no
we don't have to constrain the occurences, but the folks who will define
the modules will want to be able to do it will not ne expecting that the
groups of elements they will define can be repeated.

Anyway, that's no longer an issue for us since the RSS WG has decided
that the order of the elements in RSS 1.0 is not significant meaning
that we won't be able to use W3C XML Schema straight away without a
prior transformation of our documents.

Thanks for your answer.

Eric