RE: bottom line - was RE: Schema for schemas and XML schema DTD

There are a couple of points.

1) while you are probably technically correct, in the sense that the current
s-f-s is a valid document according to the XSDL 1.0 spec, and that if you
had a validator which had already hard-wired in all of the constraints of
that spec, then it would probably parse to a description of itself, that is
far less useful than one that is a valid document according to the XSDL 1.0
spec and but did not require a validator which had already hard-wired
exactly those constraints that one could derive by parsing the schema.

2) while it may be that what you say three times is true, it is generally
the case that true things are already true the first time they are stated,
and it is very hard to say exactly the same thing three times in different
ways.

Matthew

They standardized with thimbles, they standardized with care;
  They standardized with forks and hope;
They threatened its life with a railway-share;
  They charmed it with smiles and soap.