Re: LC-91: character-entities: Support declaration of character entities?

Thank you for your message. Since my comment was as chair of the HTML WG,
and not personal, I have also forwarded it to that group.

Your message was well timed, since it arrived as we were at a face-to-face
allowing us to discuss it immediately.

The HTML working group has instructed me to forward their dissent from your
WG's decision, and to ask you to send the issue for review by the director.

The group is unhappy with the idea that a user agent would have to be able
to process schemas as well as DTD fragments, when an aim of schemas was to
replace DTDs.

While I am addressing one of your last-call issues, please allow me to point
out that the extensive comments provided by Murray Altheim and Ann Navarro,
principally with respect to realising modularisation facilities in schemas,
were also part of the HTML WG review of schemas, and we would be pleased as
a group to be kept in the loop regarding developments/responses.

Many thanks,

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton
Chair, W3C HTML WG