Re: suggestion to equivClass

From: Nik Klever <nik.klever@bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:11:26 +0200
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
CC: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

"Henry S. Thompson" writes:

> Nik Klever <nik.klever@bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de> writes:
>
> > I would suggest the following changes to the topics of Element Equivalence Class:
> >
> > 1) rename equivClass to equivElement
> >
> > 2) introduce another attribut equivClass which should be used to summarize
> >    the equivalent Elements of one class, e.g. of one language.
>
> > <snip/>
>
> Thanks for the suggestion:  we're discussing renaming equivalence
> classes right now in the WG, so your input is timely.  However, I'm
> not clear on you proposal what would appear in content models to
> enforce the appearance of synchronised members of an equivClass.

I'm not sure, whether I understand this clearly: is it necessary to
enforce the appearance of synchronized members of an equivClass ? if
the equivClass is not available for some elements, a default must be
declared which could be used instead - or did I understand something
wrong ?

Nik
mailto:nik.klever@bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de
http://www.bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de/~nik