RE: Possible schema validation issue in 3.0b3

At 08:10 PM 6/12/00 +0200, Falk, Alexander wrote:
>So the real question is: is this use of pseudo-namespace prefixes in a DTD
>really XML 1.0 compatible? And how should XML toolmakers interpret section
>4.4.8 in the light of such use in new W3C drafts?
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Alexander Falk
>
>P.S. Last time we had a tricky XML specification question, my colleague
>wrote "please answer only, if you are absolutely sure" - and we received
>only one answer from Tim Bray, which was right to the point. So I wonder, if
>I shouldn't also be adding such a restriction this time ;)

We went over this in April - you might take a look at the thread at:
http://xml.org/archives/xml-dev/2000/04/thread.html#397

especially:
http://xml.org/archives/xml-dev/2000/04/0399.html

The pseudo-namespace prefixes thing can work, though, like you, I didn't
think it was legal at first.  You have to do the combination of prefix and
element name within a parameter entitiy, not in the element type
declaration itself.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth