Re: Questions on "Block" and namespace

ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) writes:

You posted the following two questions on 1 May, and received the
reply quoted below.  We are currently working through all comments
we've received on XML Schema to ensure they have been adequately dealt
with.  Could you confirm that your questions have been answered to
your satisfaction?

> "gmacri@libero.it"<gmacri@libero.it> writes:
>
> > I'm a student of Politecnico in Turin. I have written you to ask some
> > information:
> > - When I write an XML document, the URI used in the declaration of a
> >   namespace, for example xmlns:book="http://www.somewhere.org/Book,
> >   must have some relation with some component defined in the
> >   related schemas ?
>
> There doesn't need to be anything at that URI.  But if you want to
> schema-validate elements/attributes from that namespace, you may want
> one there, or you'll need to define components for those elements in
> some schema document for that namespace.
>
> > - The attribute "BLOCK" used in the definitio of some schema's component
> >   is equivalent to old attribute "EXACT" ?
>
> Yes.

Thank you

ht