RE: Schema for XSLT (concerns mixed content, content attribute)

Curt wrote:

> The param element reference in the named-template type
> definition should have a minOccur="0" and a
> maxOccur="unbounded".  As written, a template has to have one
> and only one param.

Don wrote:

My reading of rule 4.3 under the {content type} definition (found under
section 4.3.3) implies that there is an implicit <choice minOccurs='0'
maxOccurs='unbounded' > particle over the particle children of a
content=mixed complex type.  I'll defer to Henry on this.

Curt reply:

I guess it depends on what the intrepretation of "extending" a complex type that ultimately derived from a complex type that has a content of mixed.  If extending means that param is magically added
into the mixed content of its base type, then the multiplicity would be implied.  If extension in this context means appears that content declared in the derived type appears after the base
complexType's content has been satisifed then param is in the wrong place with the wrong multiplicity.  Possibly the behavior is already explicit in the schema docs. But for me to get my mind around
the schema doc, I have to work out from the schemas to schema to the prose and not the other way around.

Don wrote:
Local element and attribute declarations are one of the more powerful
features of the schema language. I make no apologies for using them. Believe
me, the WG struggled long and hard to get them to where they are now. The
least we can do as a community is use them ;-)

Curt reply:
I like the feature too, when there are differences between the elements in different contexts.  However when there are not context differences, it just makes life difficult mapping in this interim
period when you want to generate DTD's and work with non-local scope aware products.

Don wrote:
I don't know that anyone has the will to add MORE complexity to the schema
language to handle mixed content.

Curt reply:
Actually, I thought my suggestions allowed you to appropriately constrain the content plus simplified things by eliminating the content attribute.

p.s. The links for the XSLT help file are just temporary and will be moved to my company's web site in a day or two.