Abstract v concrete syntax

From: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 11:37:05 +0700
To: XML Schema Comments <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
I find the split between abstract and concrete syntax impedes
understanding of the spec (it reminds me of 8879): I would find it much
more helpful to have just a concrete syntax.  The 1991105 draft seemed
to me taking a step in the right direction by including concrete syntax
in the body of the spec using a similar notation to the XSLT spec; I was
surprised to find that these have disappeared in the 19991217 draft.

James