  From: Ray Whitmer [mailto:rayw@netscape.com]
  Sent: 01 May 2002 16:11
  To: Paul Cotton
  Cc: www-xml-query-comments@w3.org; mhkay@iclway.co.uk
  Subject: Re: Comments on the XPath data model, from a DOM perspective.

  Paul Cotton wrote:

I don't know how this posting wound up here
I am sorry Ray but you originally posted your comments to this list notthe
xpath comments list.  See [1].
  When I know I have submitted comments, I tend to go back and look at the
spec to see the address I clicked on to find out what hole they dropped into
where went when I get no response.  I erroneously looked at the xpath spec
instead of the xpath data model spec.

  Can we get clarification on where to post to and continue the dialog?  I
find there is great confusion in where the comments should be handled, as
reflected in:

  1.  Yesterday different parts of the XPath specification apparently
pointing to different lists -- w3c-xml-query-comments and
w3c-xpath-comments -- for responses.
though the xpath data model spec pointed to this list.
  3.  Apparent changes in the specifications posted since yesterday saying
that I should go to yet another list public-qt-comments.

  Where can I expect to see responses to previously-posted issues, or am I
expected to carry the unresolved issues to the new location, assuming the
change was intentional.

  Thanks,

  Ray Whitmer
  rayw@netscape.com