Re: COMMENT: Why no 'attribute of type'?

At 09:16 AM 1/18/2002 -0500, Shawn Vincent wrote:

>I sent a number of comments to the Query comments list
>on January 14th, just before the list became moderated,
>and got no response.  I assume that this is because my
>messages somehow got lost.  I am reposting them, in hopes
>of generating some discussion.

We had a policy change that makes it easier to respond to messages, and the
list is now moderated, so I think your hopes may actually be met.

This is issue 197 in our current WD:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/#type-on-attributes

Personally, I agree with you. Some people feel that supporting 'attribute
of type' would make the language more complex. Since there is an open
issue, the Working Groups will need to discuss this and resolve the issue.

Jonathan