RE: [xml-dev] The use of XML syntax in XML Query

At 4:14 PM -0500 1/3/02, Jonathan Robie wrote:

>However, I think that a lot of people like the XML constructor
>syntax, because if you want to construct XML, you can simply type in
>the equivalent XML text, or copy it from an existing document.

How many people even know this is an option? I certainly didn't until
this thread. I studied XQuery mostly by reading the use cases draft
(the most accessible of the various very technical documents IMO) and
playing around with Quip. I didn't notice any examples of the
no-brackets syntax while doing that. I've gone to one or two seminars
on XQuery and only saw the brackets syntax.

I suspect if the example queries in the documents people were
learning from were rewritten in the no-brackets syntax, then people
might respond differently.