RE: [xml-dev] The use of XML syntax in XML Query

A very old and simple version of XQueryX -> XQuery converter (written more
than a year ago) -- is available at
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~mani/abql/Converter.java

also http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~mani/abql/ -- give a few samples for the
conversion.. I think this was prepared for checking correctness of the
queries in the then ABQL specification.

This shows the simplicity of this conversion -- one can guess that this
conversion will be simple because an ABQL query was a parse-tree
representation of a Quilt query.

I believe anyone can use it for their own purposes if they find it
adequate. Also, please check the validity of this with the latest syntax,
for your own use.

Wishing everyone a very happy New Year 2002.

cheers and regards - murali.