RE: [xml-dev] The use of XML syntax in XML Query

You can write an XSLT transform today that takes XQueryX and generates
XQuery.

Also note that XQuery has the element {} {} and attribute {} {}
constructors that you can use as an alternative to the angle-bracket
constructors if you embed XQuery inside XML.

Best regards
Michael

XQueryX.