Re: XLink conformance criteria question

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:20:31 +0100, Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
wrote:
> I wish I'd been able to better understand in what way you think
> they're incompatible given that SVG uses XLink.

The problem is that you can't implement XLink once and be done with it.
You actually have to implement it several times, in different ways, for
each namespace you support. This clearly makes it quite a useless
"generic" technology. This has been pointed out several times over the
past few years. It's quite disappointing that one of the editors still
fails to see the problem while most (browser vendor) implementors indicate
there is one.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>