Re: xml-stylesheet base resource identifier

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 02:00:11PM +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> So I agree that the situation with this document:
>
> <?xml-stylesheet type='text/css' href='my.css'?>
>  <head>
>   <base href="http://www.w3.org/Style/"/>
>  . . .
>
> is unclear, and that the *XML Stylesheet* REC should be amended to
> cover it.

  Not in my opinion. The xml-stylesheet PI was defined to be language
agnostic. An XSLT processor should not start to add language specific
knowledge to process the PI and load the stylesheet.
  This is opening the door to one revision per XML language designed,
that sounds really wrong, and a sure garantee to ruin interoperability
of implementations.

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/