Re: XPointer to redefined elements

* Ignacio Hernandez-Ros wrote:
>Then, I would like to know if the XPointer "redefine-schema.xsd#id_type" is
>reaching the element defined if original-schema but with the new type.

This depends on the media type of redefine-schema.xsd, you will have to
check the media type of the resource and then the specification of the
media type to find what it says about fragment identifiers. XML Schema
claims application/xml is for XML Schema documents and RFC 3023 defines
that fragment identifiers for such resources have no semantics whatso-
ever and refer to RFC 3987 and RFC 3986 for more information about the
relationship between media types and fragment identifiers.

A very simple matter really, but unfortunately some people have major
misconceptions about this, as you can see from the other responses to
your question.