Re: Number of Links and Nesting

Hi Karl,

On June 24, you asked:

> I have a couple of questions regarding XLink technology.
>
> 1. Is there a limit on the number of links that an XML document can
contain?
> 2. Can nesting of links occur and if so is there a limit on the nesting
> level?
> 3. Is it OK have multiple links to the same resource?

Sorry not to have answered more promptly.

The 'www-xml-linking-comments' mailing list is for sending in
comments on the XML Linking and Pointer specifications. Comments
tend to accumulate and be handled in batches. You may have
better luck in getting a quicker answer to your questions if you
ask them on the xml-dev mailing list (xml-dev@lists.xml.org).

Having said that,

1) No, there are no limits on the number of links an XML document
   can contain, unless the software that processes it has some
   unfortunate limitation.
2) Links don't nest. (If you have a real need for nested links,
   we would be interested in hearing about it).
3) You can have as many links to the same resource as you like,
   just as an HTML page can have lots of <A> elements pointing
   to the same place.

Regards,
Ron Daniel Jr.