Re: xpointer

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:

> Which link management applications provide quality functionality in the
> context of XLink and/or XPointer at the present time, in your view?

This is not an area I'm currently doing any development or usage in,
so my opinions are probably not worth much.  A few years ago, I was
aware of 2-3 fairly sophisticated link management applications that
worked with XML/SGML data.

> I have had several responses off list to my recent questions to the
> effect that XLink may be a dead end. I was wondering how you viewed
> comments like that. Is there, for example, a future work plan for the
> XLink WG?

The W3C machinations in this area are currently not publicly viewable.
  XLink is certainly used by a certain class of developers/users, but
I agree that there hasn't been a lot of broad-based uptake.

	Eve