Re: xpointer

In a message dated 05/03/02 10:30:51 GMT Standard Time, eve.maler@sun.com
writes:

> The more usual way is to use a link management application on top of
> the document management/creation system.  This application keeps track
> of all the linking relationships, and checks to see when documents
> have been changed.  This assumes a "closed world" of documents.

Eve,

Which link management applications provide quality functionality in the
context of XLink and/or XPointer at the present time, in your view?

I have had several responses off list to my recent questions to the effect
that XLink may be a dead end. I was wondering how you viewed comments like
that. Is there, for example, a future work plan for the XLink WG?

Andrew Watt