XPointer [] operator

From: Danny Vint <dvint@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 21:15:41 -0700
To: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org
In section 5.3 The point and range Location Types, in the last paragraph is
this reference to the XPointer [] operator. What is this? This is the only
place that the word operator is used and trying to search for ['s is
painful with the number of uses in this document.

I recognize this as XPath predicate notation, did someone just create a new
word for this or is there a missing definition (or a definition I didn't see)?

..dan
Danny Vint
http://www.dvint.com

Author: "SGML at Work"