Re: Your comment on XLink CR

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Eric,
>
>  thank you for your comment on the XLink CR specification.
> I case you didn't already got an answer from the Working Group,
> your comment has been taken into consideration and is now listed
> in the XLink CR Disposition of Comments at:
>    http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/10/xlink-CR-comments.html
>
>  More specifically you raised the following issue:
>    - Issue (relative-URI) which was accepted but by forbidding
>      relative URIs for role and arcrole values at least for version 1.0
>      of XLink.
>
> Could you indicate if you accept the Working Group decision on this issue ?

This decision has the advantages of being coherent with the namespaces
and making the comparison between semantic attributes easy to test with
XML tools such as XSLT.

The drawback is, of course to be incoherent with a vocabulary such as
RDF that accepts relative URIs, but RDF would still have been
incompatible with XLink since it doesn't know about XML Base...

Considering that there wasn't any perfect solution, yes, I do accept
this decision !

Thanks for taking my comment into account.

Eric.