Re: SYMM WG comments on XBase 2nd last call

"Cohen, Aaron M" a écrit :

> Philipp:
> I didn't realize that you had to define what elements could take xbase.
> Doesn't it work with general XML, that doesn't have a semantic spec or a
> specific DTD? I've been looking at it as a sort of XML extension, somewhat
> indepedent of the specific XML application language.

i think you have to specify in the DTD where you can use xml:base; similar
to xml:lang, and xmlns, actually - if i'm wrong, i'm sure the xml linking
folks
will correct me

> But if we do need to specify, we can certainly just say that it's valid
> (although not necessarily meaningful) on all SML elements.

i guess so - i would hope that it is meaningful, though  it may not be useful,

but that's another issue - quickly checking the draft, it seems that xml:base
*is* actually meaningful wherever you chose to put it