Re: XLink 20000703 REC

Eek!  Somehow the list has gotten lost, and it looks like it's been lost
for a while!  We will definitely fix this in the final draft (or, if it's
allowed, the W3C folks can slip it in this draft; I've copied our W3C staff
contact and my co-chair, Daniel Veillard, along with the linking comments
list).

Here's the missing text:

<ulist>
<item><p>The hyperlink identifies the other end (although a server may have
great freedom in finding or dynamically creating that destination).</p></item>
<item><p>Users can initiate traversal only from the end where the hyperlink
is expressed to the other end.</p></item>
<item><p>The hyperlink's effect on windows, frames, go-back lists, stylesheets
in use, and so on is determined by user agents, not by the hyperlink itself.
For example, traversal of <code>A</code> links normally replaces the current
view, perhaps with a user option to open a new window.</p></item>
</ulist>

         Eve

Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    elm @ east.sun.com