Re: Last Call review of XML Pointer WD Version 1.0

At 11:32 1999/12/13 -0600, Paul Grosso wrote:
> At 16:09 1999 12 05 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >"XML Pointer Language 1.0" Last Call Working Draft.
> >The document address is:
> >
> >       http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-xptr-19991206

> I am also concerned for similar reasons to 1 and 2 above that a single
> XPointer appears to allow the addressing of multiple nodes.  In section 2.4,
> the spec says that, since "XPointers are not a general query mechanism...an
> empty result is a sub-resource error."  If XPointer is not a general query
> mechanism but is rather a fragment identifier syntax, then it seems equally
> erroneous for a result to return multiple nodes, especially disjoint ones.

Please note that for RTL scripts (Arabic, Hebrew), graphical user
selection can lead to the selection of more than one logical parts
(ranges) of a document.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org