Re: PSVI in the Infoset Spec. (Re: Datatypes vs anarchy)

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:10:57 -0500
To: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Cc: www-xml-infoset-comments@w3c.org
Thanks for the prod and for forwarding my posting.  I guess I was thinking more about a future Infoset that will support XPath 2.0 (which might get data types and perhaps other information from a Schema).  But it makes sense to set the precedent and support the notion of data-source today for DTD-supplied data.

take it easy,
Charles Reitzel

At 11:33 PM 3/14/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Charles Reitzel scripsit:
>
>> I think the Infoset should allow for some meta-data that says where it got things: default value, DTD, schema or the instance.  Some parsers will do this today for attribute defaults, for example.
>
>Please, please!  The Core WG members on this list can't keep up with the flow.  If you *really* want to see such things in the Infoset, post them to www-xml-infoset-comments@w3c.org, so that we will be FORCED to consider them.
>
>(I have cross-posted this particular one.)
>
>And don't wait, do it now, because we are going to CR very soon.
>
>--
>John Cowan                                   cowan@ccil.org
>One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
>        --Douglas Hofstadter

take it easy,
Charles Reitzel