Re: Possible error in new infoset

From: Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:31:30 GMT
To: Rick Jelliffe <ricko@gate.sinica.edu.tw>, w3c-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Cc: www-xml-infoset-comments@w3.org
> 10. A validating XML processor must supply the default value of attributes
> declared in the DTD for a given element type but not appearing in the
> element's start tag (5.2).
>
> suggests (by omission) that a non-validating processor does not need to
> supply default values.

Looking again at this, I see that there are several other items on the
list that are only true if the relevant declarations have been read.
For example, a non-validating processor might not be able to pass
information about declared notations.

So for now I will just take out the word "validating" from item 10, and
we can consider later whether we want to discuss unread declarations in
that section.

-- Richard