Re: XML 1.1 CR comment response for Lewis-01

I'm not happy with this.

Discussion of the issue revealed that x#D is included in S as part of
compatibility with SGML; the discussion included a rather grotesque
example of hackery that could get this code point to show up in a
document, bypassing normalization.

I would be happier with a notation (somewhere!) indicating that the
persistent retention of x#D in S is *not* because it is commonly
encountered, and that in fact it takes great effort to force the code
point to appear in XML (at which point, so far as I can tell, it pretty
much can't be roundtripped either).  It's a very special case; including
it without comment confuses.

Amy!

--
Amelia A. Lewis