Re: blueberry comment - editorial

A private correspondent wrote to me:

> Furthermore, for some reason Bopomofo and Cantonese are mentioned together.
>
> But I thought Bopomofo was only used for Mandarin transliteration (e.g. for
> children, primarily in Taiwan and outside China).  Cantonese has different
> sounds and a different set of tones.

The reference to Cantonese was a brain fart on my part: it should have
been Taiwanese, i.e. min nan hua.  Unicode 3.0 added the Bopomofo
characters needed to support Taiwanese, and Hakka too.

This sentence will be fixed before the Requirements are finalized.

--
There is / one art             || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less              || http://www.reutershealth.com