Re: Revised Test Cases

Hi Yunhao -

> I don't see how the tests could exclude implementors from inplementing only
> XKRSS. ...

My understanding from the additional tests was the new XKISS messages
would be used to verify that key bindings were affected in the desired
way after an XKRSS operation.  Whether they were individual XKISS
testcases or part of an XKRSS testcase, this approach creates a
dependency on XKISS.

So, it doesn't prevent the implemention of XKRSS - but it does seem to
get in the way of testing XKRSS as the implementor wouldn't have the
XKISS functionality required to execute the test.

I wagely recall someone indicating only implementing a subset of XKRSS
- I was only sensitive to this.  Personally, I couldn't give a toss :)

> The question is, do we allow people to test only registration without
> verifying state change?

Yes I think so. Register, like Reissue and Recover, returns some
artifact that can form the basis for determining whether the operation
succeeded or failed; provided of course that all service implementers
agreed upon returning that artifact.

Revoke may require a bit more; if we agreed, a service could produce a
CRL in the result on which the revoked key resided. This is X509'ish
but so are the current XKISS tests.

Regards
Tommy