Re: Confusing 8.1

> We do need something - this is an area where interop
> will (already has I believe) break down.

Four implementors have independantly implemented the "Limited Use
Shared Secret" algorithm in a way that interoperates so I have not
seen a break down yet.  However, both the spec and the existing shared
secret distribution points (at least my service) avoid cases that lead
to ambigous interpretation.

> Maybe change the spec to only allow a smaller subset of
> strings to become keys

I'm in favor of this option, provided that the recommendations in
Section 10.4 can still be followed.

Regards
Tommy