RE: xkms 2.0 issues

This message is in reply to issue #307 [1] that you raised during the XKMS
WG Last Call request on behalf of the XML Protocol WG.

The changes you proposed to the specification have been acted on as follows
and the revised version of the specification may be seen at [2]

1)	No change was made
	The ability to register or request specific types of key or key
length is outside the scope of the requirements. If an application required
such an ability it should define private UseKeyWith fields.

2)	No change was made
	Symmetric keys are outside the scope of the specification. While use
of such keys is important the XKMS specification is predicated on the
management of public keys.

3a)	Fixed - [198]

3b)	No change was made
	The element is deliberately specified so as to be restricted to
cryptographic key uses and prevent extension to allow ambiguous key uses to
be defined such as repudiation.

4)	Is not a last call issue
	Entrust have announced an interop test service, others are likely to
announce services once the last call changes are complete.

At this point the work group believes all concerns raised in issue #307 have
been addressed and that the entire issue is closed, unless we hear
otherwise. (see [3] for additional resolutions)

The XKMS WG would like to thank you for reviewing and commenting on the
draft XKMS specification.

Regards,
Phillip Hallam-Baker on behalf of the XKMS WG
VeriSign Inc.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xkms/2003May/0001.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Drafts/XKMS20030804/xkms-part-1.html
    http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Drafts/XKMS20030804/xkms-part-2.html