Re: F2F3 minutes

updated minutes.  I have referenced these emails in the AI portion of the
minutes.  I have also said
needs to be done and then propose to the WG."

/Shivaram

> From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
> To: Shivaram Mysore <Shivaram.Mysore@sun.com>, www-xkms@w3.org
> Subject: Re: F2F3 minutes
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:20:57 -0400
>
> On Thursday 12 September 2002 09:54 pm, Shivaram Mysore wrote:
> > All of these pages are
> > accessible from the main XKMS page[3].  BTW, I should mention that both
> > the issues list and the minute taking are excellent !!
>
> Indeed! Some clarifications:
>
> > [1]  http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Minutes/20020906-f2f3-draft-minutes.html
>
>   2. Joseph and Yassir will investigate the implications (e.g. IPR)
>   of submitting anything to ws-sec, i.e. perhaps they can just refernce
>   it.
>
> Correct. Though I will not take any action until there's a specific
> intent/request to transfer a document. (Also, "refernce" is mispelled in a
> few places).
>
>   5. Joseph will investigate what is required in preparation for
>   interop testing once the XKMS becomes a Candidate Recommendation
>   (which should be on or about December 2002).
>
> On the Quality Assurance side, interop can proceed much as we did in dsig
> and xenc. Also, folks might want to look at this draft which includes lots
> of nice guidelines and techniques for conformance:
>   http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2002/framework-20020826/qaframe-ops#QAF-TEST
> (I'm starting to familiarize myself with that work.)
>
> Also, since WG Members expect that this will be a media event the Chairs
> should familiarize themselves with:
>   http://www.w3.org/Press/Group/Guidelines
> and work with me and the W3C Comm Team to ensure all goes smoothly.
>
> > [2]  http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Drafts/XKMS/xkms-issues-list.html
>
> - Meta comment, capturing who has the action item is even more important
> than who raised the issue! <smile/> If not specified, is it presumed to be
> the Editor?
>
> ?. I'd still like us to use dsig:KeyInfo instead of creating a new element
> type derived from the dsig:KeyInfoType, but I'll give this some more
> thought.
> 7.I'm not sure if this was completely resolved. The decision was that we
> don't think there were side effects and Frederick should provide an example
> of his concern if he thinks so.

Shivaram H. Mysore <shivaram.mysore@sun.com>

Software Engineer 				Co-Chair, W3C's XKMS WG
Java Card Engineering				http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS
JavaSoft, Sun Microsystems Inc.

Direct: (408)276-7524
Fax:    (408)276-7608