Re: thy tiers might cease...

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:49:11 -0500
To: reagle@w3.org
CC: stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie, www-xkms@w3.org
> Learning what the concepts of Retrieve, Locate, and Validate is not
> difficult. However, they are rather arbitrary tokens (e.g., collision on
> validate) and what one is actually doing is sending a request and asking
> for some information. Let the query state what is being asked for: the key
> value, KeyInfo, KeyInfo and trust information.

I can understand the surface appeal, but I believe the semantics are so
different, and so well-understood by the security community, that this
would be a bad idea.

I mean, it's like old VMS or VB properties, you can turn everything into
SET and GET, but it's not the best thing in the world. :)
	/r$

Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com